Friday 6 May 2011

A bit balmy! (balm of the lip variety)

Evening all! I'm not feeling too hot tonight so having a nice quiet evening in, preparing for my gorgeous friend's wedding tomorrow! I thought I'd do a little post to keep you all going in case I get too busy to post anything over the weekend.

I have always been a bit of a lip balm freak. Ever since I was about 11 years old I've been in pursuit of the perfect lip balm, and I've tried SO MANY different kinds! I've never stuck with one.. so in the 11 years since I started you can imagine the number I've gotten through! (that's right kids, I'm 22 years young! Don't tell anyone..)

SO, my latest purchase is a mega cute and ethical one that I have been desperate to share! ASOS had a free next day delivery thing on recently and I'd just run out of lip balm so I thought I'd see if they had any to save me a trip to the shops! I found this!
It is Love and Toast in 'Prickly Pear'. A few things to explain. ASOS have 3 varieties of Love and Toast lip balm on sale at the moment (and on offer!) - 'Lemon Mint' and 'Cherry Lemonade'. I picked this one because I'm not a pink kind of gal, and the other varieties came in pink tins! This one has a lovely mint green container, and came in this cute box!
Second thing to explain is the brand, Love and Toast. L&T is a company which donates a portion of its profits to an American charity called Regional Chapters of Girls Inc, which is devoted to educating girls in high-risk areas on all sorts of important things crucial to everyday life. For more info click here -> Linky
Now, I do my bit for charity and try to make ethical choices, so despite this lip balm being a bit more expensive than the ones I normally buy I thought the charity link made up for that. I bought this for £4.95, reduced from £12.00 from ASOSLinky!
I've put up a few pics of the packaging the balm came in because I thought it was a very quirky touch to have the flaps of the box have a heart shaped hole (love!) and a toast shaped hole in them! Adorable! I'm proud to have this quirky little jar in my handbag!

The balm itself comes in a glass jar with a cute decorated lid, as you can see. I find that jars of lip balm work better for me, I've tried dozens of sticks and although they're generally smaller and more convenient, there's just something about having a little pot that works better for me. I've used my new balm for a couple of days now and can report good things! My lips are smooth, conditioned and happy! The ingredients list of the balm is vegan friendly and full of nice things for your skin and lips, like vitamin E, shea butter, aloe vera etc! Overall I definitely recommend this lip balm!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment