Monday 2 May 2011

Fabulous Nails #2

Here's the second instalment of fabulous nails! I've bought quite a few new Barry M paints recently, and I'm really excited to share them with you! But first here's a gorgeous unique Miss Sporty shade that I purchased ages ago but have only just gotten around to wearing!
 
It's a lovely orange/red/pink hybrid and is so bright and cheerful - perfect for Springtime! I took the photo after only two coats - I thought the colour built up really well for a cheap varnish, although it would benefit from a 3rd coat for longevity I think.
 
Continuing along the 'red' theme, here's Barry M's 150 Red Glitter. I was in awe of this paint before purchase and put it on my nails as soon as I got through the door, I was so excited! It took around 3 coats to get a decent cover - the polish is actually made from glitter and so it can be a bit gappy if you don't put as many coats on. I really loved having this on, my nails kept catching my eye and I thought it was so cute! Very Wizard of Oz! The only real downside came when I had to remove it - it took FOREVER (comparing it to usual Barry M paints). It was a real hassle to remove and I'm an impatient person, so I'm not sure how soon I'll be getting this one out of the fridge again..

Next up is one of Barry M's 'new' shades for Spring - 313 Dusky Mauve. I have nothing bad to say about this colour - its gorgeous and iridescent both in the bottle and dried on the nail (although it doesn't dry as 'dusky' as it appears in the bottle). It's so unique and pretty and I really haven't seen any other brand bring out anything similar. Two to three coats will suffice, a lovely subtle shade, perfect for wearing to work!
 
And last but not least is 290 Spring Green, again by Barry M. I thought this colour looked so lush and summery in the bottle I couldn't wait to get it on my nails! It took 3-4 coats to really build up the colour, which was disappointing, but the actual dried-on-the-nail colour is quite different to the one in the bottle. It's not as 'bottle green' (pardon the pun) which was a big let down for me. Still a nice bright colour, but not as special as I'd hoped!

I've finished with a recent pic of my nail varnish collection - I have 35 in total now! :)
xx

1 comment:

  1. I love the shades! I'm a little envious of your nail polish collection, I think I only have 15. I hope to catch up! xo

    ReplyDelete