Wednesday 8 June 2011

Who wears short shorts? We wear short shorts!

I bought these AMAZING little shorts from ASOS at the weekend and I was so excited for them to arrive! I ordered them in a size 8 and a size 10, as I had an unfortunate incident with a pencil skirt recently*... but I tried them on and the size 8 fit perfectly! (if not a little big around the back, but don't all girls have that problem with shorts and trousers?)
I adore the funky spots and stripes pattern and can't wait to go to Oxegen festival in July and wear these little beauties with some long socks and wellies! I'd lusted after them for months (ish) but eventually bought them in the sale for the bargain price of £17.50. Summer staple. Linky!
xx

*The unfortunate incident with the pencil skirt basically entailed me ordering a high waisted work skirt from ASOS in a size 8, which is 99% of the time my size for my bottom half (I'm most definitely a 10 on top!). Unfortunately it seems that ASOS accidentally labelled this skirt an 8 instead of a 6 or a 4, as I couldn't even zip it up halfway! And before you go asking 'who ate all the pies?' (lol) I fit very nicely into several other skirts that I'd ordered, all in size 8. But it did leave me a little shaken up and dented the old ego a fair bit.

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Spots AND stripes. <3

    I have to admit, as much as I love shorts (& generally showing off my legs tbh!) I only have one pair, some herringbone ones I've not worn yet. I'm planning on wearing them to Strawberry Fields festival - with a simple short-sleeved peasant-type top, though I'm now contemplating tights or long socks to go with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh & it just occurred to me that you won't gt notified about my reply to the vegan question, so just to kind of sum it up, if people have made something non-vegan I'm more inclined to eat it than upset them, though if it's really heavily dairy etc or contains meat I can't bring myself to, so I'll just thank them & hope I haven't caused offense. :s

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm never without my wellies at a festival so always wear my shorts with long socks :) good for keeping your legs warm when the sun goes in too!

    RE: your response (thanks!) - I guess we're different kinds of vegans then cause I just couldn't bring myself to eat dairy in any circumstance. It's been 4 years for me though which might be the reason!

    Elspeth xxx

    ReplyDelete