Friday 22 July 2011

Read My Lips - lipliner

Despite being a total lipstick junkie I've only recently started to use lipliner! I bought these 2 in the past couple of months and I've been itching to share them with you.
I bought this Barry M lip liner pencil in shade 2 'dark pink' to wear under my pink lipsticks on a night out. Its quite a bright, bold colour which is ideal as it matches most of my night time pink colours perfectly! I tried this out as a lip colour on its own with a little lip balm and really liked the effect so I might wear it without lipstick more often! These are £2.99 each Linky!
I also got this No 7 Perfect Lips liner from Boots with a voucher a few weeks ago. The voucher was for £5 off so instead of it being £7.50 I got it for the far more reasonable price of £2.50! Its shade 15 'fire', and was intended to go under my brighter red lipsticks on nights out. This one isn't a pencil but instead is one of those that comes in a plastic tube and you twist the end to make the colour come out. I'm not sure which style I prefer to be honest, but both the Barry M pencil and this No 7 did the job perfectly. Linky!
Here are both liners swatched on my arm - the top is the pink Barry M and the bottom is No 7 red. It's actually hard to tell the difference between the colours, the No 7 one is quite a pinky toned red which is a bit annoying but both give good coverage and last all night without leaving any staining. I'd definitely recommend the Barry M liner but I'm not sure if I'd repurchase the No 7 unless I got it on offer again!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment