Saturday 12 November 2011

Sock it to me!

As the nights are drawing in (i.e. its dark at 4pm - hmph!) and the winter season is here to stay, I thought I would do a post on my all time FAVOURITE accessory of A/W - the sock. Now, most people don't give much thought to their socks; these people are silly. Socks are where it's AT! Now let me show you my latest foot-oriented purchases..
This pack of grey and black knee-high socks was a bargain from H&M at only £6.99. They're lovely and soft and will keep my toes nice and toasty! I like wearing knee high socks with knee high boots - just slightly longer than the height of the boot so you can see them - with tights & shorts or a skirt. It's a simple way to stay warm but still manage to have your legs out!
 I couldn't believe it when I saw these over the knee socks from New Look for only £2.50! So cheap! They do them in all sorts of colours too. Linky! I wear over the knee socks with 10 denier grey or black tights and a short skirt or shorts, usually with brogues or something similar.
I bought these cute little ankle socks from Dorothy Perkins - 3 for £6! I really like the colours I chose but there are plenty of others available too. I think ankle socks look cute rolled down with brogues or ankle boots and opaque tights and a tea dress. Linky!
So there you have it - I'm a total sock addict! Hope this post has made you think more carefully about what you put your tootsies in on a cold winter morning!
xx

1 comment:

  1. I totally and mistakeningly under packed on my socks so had to rush out and buy some the other day - love having a good pair of socks on [however odd that sounds!]

    ReplyDelete