Saturday 28 January 2012

No 7 Skin Illuminator

I've been using my e.l.f. shimmering facial whip for quite a while now, and after getting about a million No 7 £5 off vouchers over the past month I decided it was time to try a new highlighter!
This is the No 7 Skin Illuminator. Back in the days when I worked at Boots (only 6-7 months ago but it feels like another lifetime) customers would rave about this product and I was always curious to see why! Now I understand the hype!
The Illuminator comes in 2 different shades - I picked up both Pink and Peach to test them out. The tube is quite small, and you only get 30ml but compared to the size of the e.l.f. facial whips its massive! I only use this over the top of my foundation and blusher to highlight my cheekbones and eye area so I don't use very much anyway. The applicator is this odd looking black brush. This is the one thing that I WISH I could change about this product - it is so messy and impractical to apply using a brush, especially when you only want to use a small amount. A simple nozzle applicator would be heaps better. Take heed No 7!
This is the product applied evenly in shade 'Pink'. I'm sure you'll agree that the effect is positively perfect for my purposes! It's subtle but gives a gorgeous even glow without appearing too glittery/shimmery. Its stunning and I really think it makes a difference to my overall make up look!
I also purchased the Peach shade:
Apologies for the less than ideal photos, but Peach is actually a little less subtle than pink (not sure it looks that way in the photos though). It's probably a bit better for summer daytime wear or wearing on a night out. But still very even application and really a gorgeous product. I would like to add that the longevity for this highlighter is superb and it stays put all day until you're taking your make up off before bed!
Overall I definitely recommend this as a highlighter - I love it! It's a bit expensive at £11.00 but I got £5 off so for £6 I think its value for money. Even full price it is heaps cheaper than YSL, Benefit and other highly regarded highlighters. Linky!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment