Sunday 20 January 2013

Liebster Award


The Liebster Award is for bloggers with fewer than 300 followers. A blogger nominates 11 fellow bloggers and asks them a set of 11 questions.

The rules state that a nominee must link back to the blogger from whom they received a nomination. The nominee will write 11 random facts about themselves and then answer the 11 questions which have been set for them. They in turn will nominate another 11 bloggers and pose 11 questions to them.

I only recently discovered this Award but it's a lovely feature for bloggers with smaller numbers of followers, like me! I hope this is an interesting post for you!


I couldn't be more flattered to have been nominated by Rhia over at Virtual Rhiality (kudos for the awesome blog name!)

I have to think up 11 random facts about myself! Tricky, but here we go...
  1. My favourite film from my childhood is An American Tail - if you haven't seen it , watch it. The sequel, Fievel Goes West, is also a must-see.
  2. I live in a converted pub! 
  3. The night I was born there was a bomb hoax in the hospital and my Mama and I were separated for several hours... this has lead to many jokes about being a 'swapped baby' but in reality must have been terrifying for my poor Mum!
  4. I used to be a bra fitter at La Senza when I was a student!
  5. My favourite band of all time is Brand New, and I've seen them 6 times live.
  6. If I wasn't training to be a solicitor, I would be studying for a PhD in Criminology, or running my own vegan bakery!
  7. I once broke my foot at a Brand New show as I was so close to the front and it got pretty intense. It was one of my favourite gigs of theirs!
  8. My sister & I created a special gourmet lunch dish called 'chocolate spread on toast, toasted' when we were little. It's basically bread toasted on one side, but then you put the chocolate spread on the other side before lightly toasting it until it becomes dark brown. It's delicious.
  9. I love travelling by train, and always have done. When I was little my Grandmother and I used to go on 'train rides' together to wherever we fancied that day, and those memories are some of my happiest.
  10. I have a terrible memory, both long and short term and I am forever losing my train of thought or forgetting conversations I had a day, week or year ago!
  11. My boyfriend & I are planning to get two kittens when we (hopefully) move in together this year, to keep my kitty Clementine company. I've already chosen their names.

Now, to answer the questions which have been set for me:

1. If you could change your name to anything what would it be and why?
It would be Elizabeth, as it's my all time favourite girl's name. There are so many beautiful, strong and inspirational Elizabeths littered throughout history, including my amazing Grandma.

2. What is your most annoying habit?
I asked my boyfriend this and he said it's my veganism. Nice.

3. What is your biggest irrational fear?
I am absolutely petrified of people dressed up as other things - clowns, street performers, people in animal suits, everything like that. I turn into a 3 year old whenever I see them and it's so embarassing!

4. If you could visit anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
I have become a little obsessed with visiting Bali recently, and I am currently planning a trip there with a few friends. I'm very much a home bird and don't really get itchy feet, but there's something about the culture, placidity and beauty of Bali that I would love to experience at some point in my life.

5. Savoury or sweet?
I have such a sweet tooth it's ridiculous, and I probably consume far too much sugar than I should!

6. What is your favourite season?
Winter - definitely! I much prefer snuggling up under layers of knitwear and seeing frosty breath than the sweaty heat of Summer or indecisiveness of Spring!

7. What are your three favourite words?
Sugar, onomatopoeia and ricochet. 

8. If you could interview a celebrity who would it be and what would you ask them?
It would probably be Jesse Lacey (from Brand New) and I would ask him to marry me(!)

9. What was the best gift you ever received?
Oh god I couldn't possibly choose just one gift! Recently I have really loved the personalised photo collage my sister got me for Christmas as it's very sentimental.

10. If you owned a time machine what date would you set it for and what would you do when you got there?
To be honest (and boring!) I would probably just go back to the late 80s/90s grunge movement and go to lots of gigs and see all the amazing bands (especially Nirvana) live. I definitely feel like I was born 10-15 years too late to really experience one of my favourite genres of music.

11. If you could eat one thing right now what would it be? 
Oh nothing! I've just had two bowlfuls of chocolate brownie with custard and feel like I might burst any moment!

Here are the bloggers I nominate for the Liebster Award:

I would love it if you guys could answer the below questions:

1. What is your favourite childhood memory?

2. Who inspires you the most?

3. What newspaper do you read the most regularly?

4. Which blogger inspires you to work harder?

5. Why did you start blogging?

6. Where do you see yourselves in 10 years' time, still blogging?

7. I have had to have a lot of medical injections & procedures in my life - during which I always go to my 'happy place' in my head. What would your 'happy place' be?

8. What do you wish people in general would do more of?

9. If you had £1000 what would you do with it?

10. What is your favourite high street store?

11. What is your favourite online retailer?

I hope you've enjoyed this post and I look forward to hearing back from my nominees!
xx

4 comments:

  1. I was nominated for this too!! Check the post out on my blog. I'm now following you :) would love if you followed me back.

    Laura (www.lollylovesx.blogspot.co.uk) x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura :-) I will have a look later today!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Fantastic! Ricochet - good choice! I hope you had fun doing this, I certainly did. I'm following you now of course so do pop back over to me and follow along. I look forward to reading more of your posts xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun :) thank you for following I will certainly check out your blog!
      xx

      Delete