Monday 28 January 2013

SAVE don't SPEND #3


I have been dreading this post - every day last week I spent too much money! I will put my hands up and admit that this week's SAVE don't SPEND diary shows me spending lots of money on unnecessary things which, when I look back, I do regret. Which is why I am re-starting my spending ban today but this time I will stick to it and be harsher with myself! No more buying unnecessary beauty or clothes purchases for 100 days.



Monday
3.63 - Holland and Barrett, (lunch and biscuits)
32.98 - H&M (jumper and blouse, blog post coming soon!)
21.94 - Tesco Direct duvet covers 
£58.55- total

Tuesday
20 - Urban Outfitters bags (2; 1 for giveaway, 1 for me!)
16 - MUA haul
£36.00 - total

Wednesday
5.68 - Nisa food shop
21 - Avon order
12.80 - Chinese takeaway
3.85 - Sally Hansen cuticle remover from eBay
£43.33 - total

Thursday
2 - Sainsburys food shop
15.80 - Boots; 3 x Rimmel Apocalips, No7 toner (£3 with voucher), 1ltr bottle of water)
£17.80 - total

Friday
0.94 - Boots (Q tips)
2 - Sainsburys food shop
£2.94 - total

Saturday
32.72 - Tesco food shop
11 - renting car through ZipCar
9.37 - Holland and Barrett food shop
£53.09 - total

Sunday (my birthday!)
62 - Westfield shopping trip, including H&M, New Look, HMV, Boots, Lush (95p spend using gift voucher)
£62 - total

TOTAL: £273.71

I feel SICK. This is far, far too much money to spend in one week and I am really horrified. I had suspecting it would be over the £100 mark but I had no idea it would be more than £250! It's really difficult being this honest about spending so much but I think honesty is the only way this spending diary will actually work for me.

I think I have a partial excuse in that it was my birthday but that does not justify spending so much. I am even more determined now to enforce my spending ban and save some pennies! I bought some sandwich filling in one of my food shops so I'll hopefully be saving money by not buying lunch this week.

Have you taken a spending ban? How are you getting on?
xx

2 comments:

  1. Good luck - I'm sure that you'll be able to reign it in. Sometimes just seeing it all written down is enough of a push. It helped me work out if i really wanted something or if i was doing it out of boredom. Let me know how you get on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Kat, fingers crossed! I'm doing MUCH better this week so far!
      xx

      Delete