Sunday 14 April 2013

Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser

When I placed an order with Liz Earle to stock up on Hot Cloth Cleanser, they were kind enough to send me a 15ml sample of the Skin Repair Moisturiser to try, for Normal/Combination skin. I was really happy to receive this as I bought the same moisturiser in the past but for Dry/Sensitive skin and found it was too thick, leaving my skin greasy.



Liz Earle is a company I like buying into as they have ethics and principles I believe in. Not only are they cruelty free (leaping bunny logo shown above) but products contain no animal agreements - and that's across the range. So for a vegan like me it's great to be able to shop from the brand without worrying about any of that. Liz Earle never uses GM ingredients, tries not to use preservatives and the base of many of their products is plant oils. Because skincare is applied directly to my skin, I'm careful about what I incorporate into my routine so these principles encourage me to use products from the brand.


In terms of the moisturiser itself, a little bit goes a long way.  I only had to use around 1.5 pea sized blobs of moisturiser to cover my whole face. I used this throughout winter, a time when my skin is especially dry and damaged. I found that this moisturiser immediately sank into my skin and my skin felt moisturised, healthy and protected all day.


Unlike the Dry/Sensitive Liz Earle moisturiser I've tried this one was not too thick and did not feel suffocating. It didn't break out my skin in spots, and didn't make my skin feel greasy. The moisturiser was brilliant for prepping my skin before make up. The one major downside for me is that this moisturiser does not have a built in SPF, although the company does state:

We only use mineral sun filters, which reflect rather than absorb the sun's UVA and UVB rays. Reflective mineral sunscreens provide effective broad-spectrum UV protection for even the most sensitive of skins.

 To be perfectly honest, I'm not really sure what this means in terms of sun protection. I take care to use products with SPF all year round, and when I was using this in the winter I was concerned that my skin was not as protected as it could be from the sun. It is for this reason that I won't be purchasing the full size this moisturiser, as the Soap & Glory Feel Good Factor lotion does have SPF (review HERE). The Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser is £19.25 for 50ml HERE.

Have you tried anything from Liz Earle before? Are you a fan of the brand?
xx


2 comments:

  1. I used to love Liz Earle but I think for the prices there's better ranges out there. I do like her dry/sensitive cream for night time though. lovely review :)

    allie from alliesbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am finding other products that I like more, which are more purse friendly but I think Liz Earle will always be a favourite of mine :)
      xx

      Delete