Friday 26 April 2013

Soap and Glory - Peaches and Clean 4 in 1 Wash Off Cleansing Milk

Happy Friday everyone! Today I'm reviewing the Soap & Glory Peaches & Clean 4 in 1 Wash Off Cleansing Milk. This little skincare saviour found its way into my routine way back in January, after I bought a couple of S&G skincare gift sets from Boots in the sales. I also have the full sized version of this but I decided to start off by using up the travel sized one first.

First things first, as ever I am smitten with S&G's choice of packaging. Although this is the travel size, the regular sized product is also really pretty and something I would proudly display in my bathroom. As for the product itself, I have been using this once a week for the past 4-5 months and feel I'm in a good position to review it. I find it to be a very intense cleanser, it really feels like it's going deep and tackling all the nastiness that's lurking deep down in my pores - so much so that I only use it once a week, as I said. Any more and I think I might dry out my skin or cause irritation - but then again I do have very sensitive skin.



A lot of people have complained about the fragrance of this product - as it's called Peaches & Clean you expect it to smell peachy! And for me, the product does. Of course it doesn't smell like an actual fruit (but when do skincare products ever smell accurate? I wouldn't want them to!) and it is an artificial smell, but in my opinion it is a truly peachy smelly and one which I really enjoy.

I will explain a little about how I use this. I have tried a number of different ways of using this cleanser, but eventually decided that this method works best for my skin. First I splash some warm water on my face, and dab off the excess. Then I apply this product using my fingers in circular motions all over my face and neck, avoiding the eye area but paying particular attention to my problem areas. I leave it for a couple of minutes whilst I brush my teeth, before washing it off with warm water. The consistency of the product is a little thick to start with (especially for a cleansing 'milk'), but after applying to my face I really think it sinks in and when I come to wash it off there's not much product left on my skin. It does tingle a bit which I take to be a good sign that it's working!


Despite all my positive impressions, there is one little niggle with this cleanser. On the back of the product it states:
"Peaches & Clean contains exfoliating alpha hydroxy acids, which can make your skin photosensitive (all the more reason to slap on sunscreen, wear protective clothing and limit sun exposure during usage of this product and for a week after use)."
Now I have read a lot of blog posts which slate the product on this basis, but personally it's not a massive issue - I don't mind that it will make my skin photosensitive so much that it will stop me using this product. It's concerning, especially for someone who rates sun skin safety pretty high on their list of priorities, but I think this will only stop me using the cleanser in the sunnier months of the year. I do think this does an excellent job in terms of deep cleaning my skin, preventing breakouts and getting rid of blemishes that are already established.

You can purchase S&G Peaches and Clean from Boots for £7 in store or online HERE.

Have you tried Peaches & Clean before? How do you feel about the heightened photosensitivity?
xx


2 comments:

  1. Great review. I love this product myself and I blogged it here
    http://thepowderednose.blogspot.co.uk/
    Xx

    ReplyDelete