Tuesday 28 May 2013

Tuesday Tales #4 - Update

Hi guys, so after last week's Tuesday Tales (HERE) was a little heavy, I thought this week I could have a little chat about what's been going on with me lately!


You might already know that I'm currently living in London, and working as a trainee solicitor. The legal profession requires solicitors to train for two years before they become a qualified solicitor, and I qualify at the beginning of September this year - the time has just flown by. With such a big milestone coming up, I have been considering where I am and where I want to be in life, and I've got a few big changes that will be happening this summer!


The first big change is that I'm moving - out of London and back to Leeds where my family and most of my friends are based. Perhaps you remember that Leeds is also where my boyfriend lives, which means that we will be able to move in together after what will be two and a half years of long distance. I am planning a whole post dedicated to this topic, but what I will say today is that this is both the scariest and the most exciting thing! I have spent almost all of my adult life in long distance relationships, and moving in with my boyfriend is a pretty big deal to me! Being located in Leeds also means I will be able to reinvolve myself with my family and stay in touch better with those closest to me. I can't wait.


The big move will be happening in the first couple of weeks of August, which is actually pretty soon! We are currently looking at houses online and trying to find where we'll live when I move - the best thing about moving from London to Leeds (and not the other way around like 3 years ago!) is the dramatic shift in the quality and size of housing you can afford. I currently live in a pretty dinky one bedroom flat in zone 2, but when I move (if all goes to plan) it will be to a house with a garden, at least two bedrooms and hopefully set in a village or somewhere semi-rural. It's going to be such a welcome change as I have been craving outdoor space and fresh air since I moved down to London, and I'll try and keep you updated along the way (the easiest way to keep up to date with me is Twitter - @ElspethDaisy).


The second big change is that I am moving jobs - the law firm I currently work for is a City firm (which will mean very little to most of you, I'm sure) and doesn't have regional offices. I have managed to secure a position with a top firm in Leeds, and having gone through the motions with the recruitment process I'm now pretty impatient to start! The way things have worked out I won't be starting until the beginning of September, giving me a few weeks to make the big move, get settled and have some much-needed rest and downtime. It's going to be great and can't come around fast enough!

Have you had any big exciting news recently in your life? I'd love to hear about it!
xx


4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you Elspeth!! Can't wait to hear all about your moving adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katherine :) I can't wait to share them!
      xx

      Delete
  2. That's awesome news! Congrats on the job, and I bet you can't wait to move back home!

    ReplyDelete