Saturday 22 June 2013

B. Pure Micellar Water

Hi guys! So today's review is about a product I have been using now for almost 3 months! I always find with skincare products that you need to have used them for quite a while before giving a meaningful review, so here goes!

This is the B. Pure Micellar Water, which first feature in my skincare haul HERE and then it even made it into my May favourites HERE. I'm sure you can already guess that this is going to be a positive review!


This is the first micellar water I've tried - it's a product I've heard plenty about (as has anyone who reads beauty blogs), specifically the Bioderma one. However when the B. range was launched as a cruelty free brand at Superdrug and I spotted a micellar water I knew I had to pick it up to try first. I wasn't quite sure how to use this at first because I'll admit that aside from eye make up, I never used to remove my make up before cleansing. SHOCK HORROR. No really. As a relative newbie to the world of make up (I only started wearing things like foundation and blush at the ripe old age of 21), I am also pretty new to the skincare rituals you need to remove it and keep your skin healthy.


So I started using this to remove the make up on my face, after using an eye make up remover to get rid of my eye make up. I squirt a little bit onto a cotton wool pad and lightly skim over my skin allowing the magical micellar water to lift off my make up without really having to scrub. I go over again with a new pad and then potter off to cleanse and brush my teeth! Although it's a new step in my before-bed routine, it's not a time consuming one and I have noticed a real change in my skin since I started properly removing my make up.


The B. Micellar Water has been a real saviour for me - although I can't give a completely comprehensive review because it's my first micellar water, I can say that it's a light and easy product to use, even on my somewhat sensitive skin. Although it does leave some residue on your skin that's not a problem for me because I cleanse almost immediately afterwards. It does have a slightly strange smell to it but that doesn't bother me either. And for only £4.99 compared to some of the more expensive micellar waters available, I would definitely recommend you give it a go if you're intrigued by the concept!

You can buy the B. Pure Micellar Water for £4.99 from Superdrug online HERE or in your local store.

Have you tried any micellar waters before? What do you think about them?
xx


6 comments:

  1. Hmm, I'm tempted to try this one! I've never used one before, but then I don't really wear much make up on my skin either!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving these micellar solutions. I haven't tried bioderma and I'm not sure I would now because from what I can see there are quite a few drugstore alternatives. The L'Oreal one is really good...have you tried it?

    - Tabitha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll be trying Bioderma either... no haven't tried the L'oreal but it's really cheap in my local Boots! Tempted!!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I am on my third bottle of this and I am not sure why really. I use it as a pre-cleanse in the evening, but I have to have the pad covered in old foundation before I use it on my eyes because it hurts so much! Then again, it makes it easier for my cleanser...oh I don't know!

    ohthesedaysarefast.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use it to remove my eye make up, I've started using an eye make up remover from Botanics which is a-MAZING! Review coming soon :)
      xx

      Delete