Saturday 1 June 2013

Dainty Doll Blushers

Happy Saturday everyone! And today is also the 1st of June - *insert generic statement about how fast time passes here*...

Dainty Doll may be my new obsession. So far I've reviewed the lipsticks (HERE) and the cream blushers (HERE) but today it's time for my favourite product of all - powder blushers. The Dainty Doll blushers have quite literally transformed my face and the way I feel about blush. It was never a product I liked or took any interest in. Until now.



 Dainty Doll blushers are absolutely spot on and perfect for pale skin, as you'd expect. The range of colours is quite diverse, as shown above, but each one is perfectly pigmented whilst still subtle enough to make porcelain skin look stunning. I can't say enough positive things about these products, they're blimmin amazing!

L>R I bought:
001 Hippy Shade, 002 My Girl, 003 Money Talks and 004 You Are My Sunshine.



This is 001 Hippy Shake - which is (now) my all time favourite face product. As you can see, its a very pale lilac blush which is something I never knew existed before, nevermind tried! When it arrived I was terribly skeptical about how I would use it and the way it would look on my face. I use it almost as a highlighter really, over the top of another blusher (usually Money Talks) on the cheekbone to brighten up the look and add a extra little je ne sais pas... and it looks fabulous. It's absolutely perfect for my skin tone, makes my face look almost doll-like (heh, Dainty Doll) and just perfect. Here's a photo of Hippy Shake worn over Money Talks:


I hope this shows the subtle brightness it can bring to your face. I wear this on a daily basis to work as it's understated enough to be work-appropriate and it's really nice with a pink toned lip colour too. Definitely a winner!



Here is shade 002 My Girl - a gorgeous baby pink with a tiny bit of shimmer in it. This is actually very similar to the Dainty Doll Cream Blusher Paper Roses, except in powder form. Again, it's not a colour I wear every day but it is a nice tone to have in my collection, especially for Spring and Summer.



Now for the first blusher I bought from Dainty Doll, and the product that started my obsession! Here is 003 Money Talks, a nice pale taupe/beige shade. I originally thought I would use this as a contour colour because it's not a typical blush colour, however as a test I applied it to my cheeks as a blush and it actually looks much more like a deep rose pink once it's on my face. I can't explain it, nor can I photograph it to show it to you. As I said above, my staple products for work tend to be this blusher with Hippy Shake over the top - it just gives a gorgeous effect. All the sane, Money Talks alone looks very subtle, sophisticated and beautiful.



Last but by all means not least is You Are My Sunshine. As soon as I opened this up I thought a mistake had been made because it is so similar to the Dainty Doll Orange County Girl cream blusher, which is a dupe for Nars Orgasm. You Are My Sunshine is a teensy bit darker in colour and the gold shimmer is more obvious than it is in Orange County Girl, which makes this one a bit more appropriate for a night out or winter wear. It's a really stunning blusher though, and the gold shimmer means you don't have to wear a highlight so it's a one stop shop for cheeks!

As you can probably tell already, I am a total fangirl when it comes to these Dainty Doll blushers! They are hands down the best blushers I have ever used, make me so excited to apply my make up each day and have changed the way I see my face and the way my make up looks each day. I am so grateful to Nicola Roberts for creating blushers for pale skin, only now do I realise how wrong every other product has been for my skin tone!

If you're a porcelain princess like me and haven't tried these yet, you just have to! They're priced at only £1.99 each (RRP £13.50) from Fragrance Direct HERE and you at the very least have to experience Money Talks and Hippy Shake. I am so obsessive about these that I want to buy at least one more of my two favourites in case they get discontinued! I would even repurchase at full price to be honest.

Have you tried anything from Dainty Doll before? Do you like the look of any of the blushers I've featured today?
xx



Follow via: Bloglovin  Bloggers   Twitter   Facebook   She Said Beauty

7 comments:

  1. I have all these blushers aha! Gotta love fragrance direct. I really love these blushes, they've been a wonderful thing to have in my stash x

    Amy / srslylou

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own one of the cream blushers and may be about to order hippy shake! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so nice, love Hippy Shake! Fragrance Direct are such an awesome website, so many bargains to be had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete