Sunday 30 June 2013

June Favourites

Hi guys! I am really happy to be back and blogging after a few days off. Today's post is my June Favourites - I know every blogger says this but seriously, it's the end of June? What happened?! Time is flying by this summer and soon it will be August and moving time (I have equal amounts of sadness and excitement about the move at the moment!) More about that later...



This month has been quite low-key for me in terms of beauty products. I haven't really bought anything exciting and have been sticking to what I know. Although it's summer in the UK the weather hasn't been that great so I haven't been using as many 'summer themed' products as I usually would in June, hopefully that will change in July!


First up is hands-down my number one product of the month - the Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover. You might recognise this from my Kensington High Street haul post HERE. My old No7 eye make up remover ran out a week or so ago which meant I could crack open this bad boy, and from the first use I was seriously impressed. It's quite an oily formula but it is so good at removing make up I don't care! I will post a full review of this soon (it definitely deserves one), but in the meantime you can get this from Boots for £3.99 online HERE or instore.


Soap and Glory Glow All Out Lumizing Face Powder featured in my 2012 favourites post, so it may not surprise you that it's back again for June! For pale gals like me it's just the perfect subtle, peachy colour to wear in the summer but it's also a beautiful highlighter that lasts all day. For some reason in warmer weather I don't like to wear as many product on my face, so to have a blush and highlighter in one is a winner! You can read my full review of this HERE. Soap and Glory Glow All Out is £11 from Boots online HERE or instore.


June has been a busy month for me - between viewing houses and family birthdays I have been travelling up to Leeds quite a lot. The MUA Artiste Palette is fantastic for travelling as it has eyeshadow, blusher, bronzer and highlighter all in one so it really saves on space. Obviously you're quite limited in the looks you can create but for a weekend in Leeds with my family this is just what I needed. You can read my full review HERE. The MUA Artiste Collection Palette is £6 available online direct from MUA HERE, from Superdrug online HERE or in your local store.


If you're a long time reader of Bee's Knees, you'll know that I am a Marc Jacobs fragrance girl through and through. But when I happened upon the Chloe fragrance with 20% off on the Debenhams website, I just couldn't resist! Chloe is a fragrance I've been lusting after for years, it's the perfect subtle, old fashioned girly scent and the bottle is beautiful. This was a new-job present to myself, otherwise I would have never spent so much on myself! I'll do a full post on this soon but you can pick it up from Debenhams (or other perfume shops) for £52 HERE.


June has seen me getting back into reading in a big way, primarily because of all those bloody train journeys! My favourite book of the month has to be Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. I'm not usually a fan of 'thriller' type novels but this one stands out from the rest. It's excellently written and really draws you in, with a few twists and turns in the plot to keep you guessing. I really recommend this if you're looking for a book to take away on holiday with you. £3.85 from Amazon HERE.


Finally, my 'random' favourite of the month has to be eBay. As you know I'm moving house in August, from a tiny London one bedroom flat to a huge three bedroom house! This means we need to buy new furniture, which could work out to be really expensive. I'm sure you know I'm a bit of a bargain hunter and have been trying to source as much of our furniture second hand from eBay to save pennies - and it's worked out quite well so far! Furniture costs so much money, especially if you buy it new! The bonus of eBay is often the furniture you get is a bit more special and quirkier than the usual stuff you can get from IKEA. Obviously I'm only human and we will be making an IKEA trip but we're trying to get as much as we can second hand first.

PHEW. So there are my June favourites! What do you think of my picks? What have you been loving this month?
xx


6 comments:

  1. I've never tried MUA I like the look of that palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good multipurpose palette to have in your collection! :)
      xx

      Delete
  2. I read Gone Girl a few months ago and I loved it! Gillian Flynn's other books are pretty good too! (Though Gone Girl was definitely my favourite!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first Gillian Flynn but I'm definitely intrigued and will try her others this summer!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I love the Chloe perfume the bottle is just beautiful!

    VisualCandyInc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks so pretty sitting on my dressing table :-)
      xx

      Delete