Sunday 23 June 2013

MUA Pro-Base Conceal and Brighten Kit

Hi everyone! If you're a follower of Bee's Knees you'll know that I have had some trials and tribulations with concealers in the past. My under eye circles are my least favourite thing about my face and maybe even my whole body! Unfortunately I am genetically predisposed to have under eye circles so in terms of skincare there isn't a whole lot I can do about them. Instead I turn to make up in the hopes of covering them up!



I decided to try the MUA Pro-Base Conceal and Brighten Kit when I saw it on offer in my local Superdrug. It was only a couple of pounds so even if it didn't work, I haven't lost much! I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with MUA because some of their products I adore and use every day (their eyeshadow palettes for example) but others have been complete disasters for me! 


The Pro-Base Conceal and Brighten Kit comes in practical white packaging with a clear lid so you can see the product - which I like. There are three different shades of concealer here, which I think is aimed at allowing you to mix them together to create your own blend suited exactly to your skin. But here comes my first complaint - this is the lightest shade available (porcelain) but the except for the middle colour the other two already look way too dark for my pale skin!


Here are the shades swatched on my pale skin - I think you can see already that this isn't going to end well because even the lightest shade is marginally too dark for my skin tone. The formula of these concealers is quite creamy and oily, which I didn't like either. It makes them easy to blend with each other but even when used with a setting powder I just found they slide right off my skin and I was left with a bit of a messy face after a few hours. In fact I would go so far as to compare this product to the Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer (review HERE), which I also didn't get along with. Maybe it's my skin that doesn't like this formulations, but it just doesn't compare to the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (review HERE).

So overall I was quite disappointed - this product didn't work for me because of both the dark shades and the formulation. Obviously this is my own personal experience and other people might find it amazing and it suits them perfectly - if you're interested in this I recommend trying it in store before buying.

You can buy the MUA Pro-Base Conceal and Brighten Kit for £3.50 online from MUA HERE or from Superdrug in your local store.

Have you tried this concealer? How did it work for you?
xx


6 comments:

  1. Ive heard similar negative reviews so wont be buying it, Thanks for the review x

    Beth May Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I think negative reviews are just as helpful as positive ones!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I agree. I was excited to try this but it must felt too thin and slippy and wouldn't stay put!

    - Tabitha at scaredtoast. com x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah, this would be no good for me either if it's not at all pale :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope :( there are much better options available.
      xx

      Delete