Thursday 20 June 2013

MUA Undress Your Skin Illuminating Foundation

Hi everyone! If you're a long time follower of Bee's Knees you'll know that liquid foundation is a relatively new concept for me, having started out in the world of make up using mineral foundations. But then I tried the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation (review HERE) and I haven't really looked back!


When MUA launched their Undress Your Skin range I decided I wanted to their their foundation offering, which came in the form of the Undress Your Skin Illuminating Foundation. I popped into my local Superdrug and swatched the lightest shade - Porcelain - which I was pretty impressed to find matched my skintone perfectly! Into my basket it went..


Now I have to start out by saying the packaging of this foundation is pretty awful. Although the squeezy-bottle type thing is handy and useful (and a little bit more practical than the Revlon glass bottle) it is just ugly and cheap! I don't understand why they couldn't have put the foundation into a container that made it look a little bit nicer as opposed to something that is so blatantly a drugstore product it's a little embarassing. So bad first impressions for sure.. 


... but that's where my criticism of this product ends. This is quite a high coverage foundation, as you can see above, and I use it on days when my skin isn't up to much. However if you apply it to your face with your fingers (like I do), and then blend it into the skin using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush (like I do) it looks beautiful. The colour is such a good match for my skin that it just looks like my skin, but better!


This is the foundation blended in to the back of my hand - I think the lack of visible veins demonstrates nicely how this is quite a heavy foundation. Although I don't understand why MUA have branded this an 'illuminating foundation' - because I don't think there's anything illuminating about it. It's quite a matte foundation, but works really well as a base for a full face of make up - so in my opinion it doesn't need to be illuminating because I can do that myself with some highlighter. As a regular foundation though, it's awesome. It stays on all day, helps all my other make up stay in place too, and just makes my face look very 'done'. I love it!

Overall I would recommend giving this a go if you're on the market for a full coverage foundation, or if you haven't managed to find a foundation that's pale enough for you. At only £5 it's a good product to have in your stash for occasions when you want to look a bit more made up, or are having a bad skin day. You can buy the MUA Undress Your Skin Illuminating Foundation from MUA direct online HERE, or from Superdrug online HERE or in store.

Have you tried this foundation before? What did you think?
xx


2 comments:

  1. Before use of foundation, we must know which type foundation is perfect for our skin. Does not matter it is just ugly and cheap!

    Regards,
    obagi nu derm starter kit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried this foundation or any other MUA foundations for that matter. But I've got to admit, now that I've read your review, I'm quite tempted!
    One thing bothers me though, was that fully blended on your hand? Because it looks like a texture that just shows a little too much. I usually wear matte foundation but the fact that I'm wearing any isn't that obvious.
    I usually check out http://www.beauty.ps/tool/foundation before I buy a new foundation, since I HATE spending hours swatching different products in the store. I'd much rather find my perfect match before hand and just pick it, or BETTER order it of the internet haha!

    Have a lovely day :)

    Xx Lucy

    ReplyDelete