Saturday 13 July 2013

MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter

Jeez Louise, this product review has been a long time coming! I originally bought this product wayyy back when I was supposed to be on a spending ban I think in January or February? In the past year or so I have become increasingly interested in highlighters, contouring, and basically how make up can be used to enhance your natural face shape. Enter the MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter..


Packaging wise - it's not bad. I prefer MUA's white products over the older products that come in black packaging but when it comes down to it you're paying less than £5 for something that comes in a plastic container, you're not going to be fussy right? But I do like this simple, plain packaging with the clear lid that lets the product do the talking. 


How pretty is this?! I have read a lot of other bloggers criticising MUA for copying MAC in the design of this highlighter - as someone who has never used a MAC product in their life I wouldn't know. All I do know is that this is a really pretty and gentle looking highlighter that I reckon most girls would struggle not to pop in their basket in Superdrug.


It's a very fine, powdered highlighter with glitter particles in it (as you can see below more clearly). It really is a beautiful product both in the pan and on the skin, and you don't have to use a lot to get a pretty nice definition on your face. However my main issue with this product is that it doesn't stick around long enough - after maybe four hours' wear it's all but disappeared from my face! This is the same problem I had with the highlighter which came in the MUA Artiste Palette (review HERE).


Overall I do really like this product, and it would have made it into my daily make up routine if it lasted a little bit longer! Perhaps I'm expecting too much for the price bracket, after all this does retail for a mere £3 but in my opinion this doesn't match up to the amazing quality of MUA's eyeshadows. You can buy the MUA Undress Your Skin Shimmer Highlighter from MUA direct online HERE, or from Superdrug in store or online HERE.

Have you tried this product before? What is your favourite highlighter?
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment