Wednesday 21 August 2013

Collection Cream Puff in Fairy Cake

Hi everyone! You may have read a haul post way back in May where I mentioned picking up the Collection Cream Puff in Fairy Cake (HERE). I have no idea why it's taken me so long to get around to reviewing it for you, but here goes...


I really like the packaging of this product - it's slightly smaller than your average lip gloss but larger than a lipstick. The matte black plastic lid is a real pleasure to hold in your hand (hey, it's the simple things in life!)


It has a pretty standard applicator and smells delicious - the Cream Puffs are vanilla scented which is one of my all time favourite scents!



I picked the shade Fairy Cake because it looked like the most pretty, delicate shade and wearable every day. It's quite a muted coral shade and unlike most of my other lipsticks.


The formula is very soft and smooth, I think there's a lot of silicone in this product which makes it feel very velvety on the lips. It's a dream to apply and give a natural looking matte finish which I love. Although it's a matte lip product it doesn't dry my lips out as much as I expected. Of course being prone to dry lips I always apply a lip balm before any lip product but I was impressed with this product because I expected it to be very drying.

Once applied the Cream Puff lasts on my lips for up to two hours, maybe more if I'm not drinking a lot. It's very easy to reapply so I don't mind that it doesn't last long, and for the price I am really happy with this product! 

You can buy the Collection Cream Puffs for £2.99 in store at Boots or Superdrug or online HERE and HERE.

Have you tried this product before? What did you think?
xx


2 comments: