Sunday 18 August 2013

Empties #5

In preparation for moving house I managed to use up quite a lot of my almost-empty products, so today's post is a little look at these! It's quite the mix...


I don't know about you but I really don't like moving on to new products until I've finished the old one first - which means whenever I buy new beauty products they have to patiently sit in the big basket under my bed until it's their time to shine. Having picked up quite a number of new products lately, I had the incentive to use things up and my, I did a good job!


Soap and Glory Clean on Me has been a staple in my shower for many, many years. I remember moving into my shared house in the second year of University (5 years ago...!) and my housemates commenting on my S&G shower gel! Having looked over the Bee's Knees archives I don't think I've ever done a full review of this, so maybe I will do one sometime soon!

The Baylis and Harding hand wash was featured in my April Favourites (HERE) and has fast become a staple in my new house! It just smells so good.

Perhaps the most boring product in today's empties, this Boots hairspray was a bit of a rushed purchase at the time and didn't impress me all that much. It was quite cheap but for an extra couple of pounds I would definitely rather purchase a branded spray.


Onto Good Things Deep Clean Blackhead Exfoliator - I reviewed this a couple of months ago HERE. I haven't repurchased this because I'm trying out a couple of alternative face washes but if they don't impress me I will go back to my old faithful!

My Moroccan Oil Frizz Control spray lasted me absolutely ages! I was really happy with how long this lasted because it's quite an expensive product by my standards. I loved using this, and you can read my full review HERE. For now, I'm using a Macadamia Healing Oil Spray but I would consider using Moroccan Oil again.

Soap and Glory Peaches and Clean (travel sized) is another product that has lasted and lasted! I've been using this once or twice a week for the past 6 months or so, and I've really grown to like it! Read my full review HERE. I already repurchased this!


If you follow Bee's Knees you'll probably already know I love this Motions Foaming Wrap Lotion and it does wonders for my naturally curly hair! Read all about it HERE. This is a real holy grail product for me and I have repurchased.

I had been using this Boots Vitamin E Night Cream for a really long time, and so I'm pleased it's finally used up and I can try a different cream! Read my review HERE.

 This Good Things Bright Eyes eye cream was a product I just didn't get around to reviewing because I felt so indifferent about it - it didn't wow me but it wasn't terrible either. I haven't and won't repurchase this.


Lastly, you may remember that I was one of the lucky girls chosen by Escentual to take part in the Micellar Water Blind Trial (post HERE). After the trial I've continued to use up the samples I was sent - I'm a firm believer in waste not want not! I've actually purchased one of the micellar waters from the trial, so stay tuned for a full review of that soon.

Phew! That turned out to be quite a long post - congratulations and thank you if you've lasted until the end and you're still reading! I'd love to hear your experiences with these products in the Comments below.
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment