Wednesday 25 September 2013

Autumn Haul - Boots, Shoes and a Coat


Hi everyone! Another haul post for you today - I seem to have spent so much money this month! I think I'm the same every year when the weather starts to get colder, I feel obliged to shop until I've got everything I could possibly need for the autumn and winter seasons!


One of my more practical purchases has been these amazing high leg boots from New Look. At my new job I drive in but have to park about 10 minutes away from work which hasn't been the nicest walk when it's been chucking it down with rain and I've ended up with very wet feet!


I decided to try and find some sensible but stylish boots that I can wear to walk in, that aren't so boring I won't wear them on the weekends too. After spending hours trawling the internet and looking around the high street I settled on these ones from New Look. They are the highest boots I own and actually come up to my knees (unlike other 'knee high' boots I've owned) and they have the chunkiest, well made soles I've seen this season! I have poorly knees which means wearing shoes and boots with thin soles is a bit of a no-no, so these were ideal!


As you can see they're a little bit slouchy when worn, which I really like about them. I think the silver zip and buckle details give these boots a nice edge and they would look great worn on the weekends with a skirt and leather jacket. I bought these from New Look for £34.99 (HERE) which I think is pretty reasonable for such comfortable, practical and well made boots that I can also wear with more stylish outfits.


Another sensible pair of shoes - these loafers are also from New Look and a practical choice. I usually wear heels when I'm at work but on the days when I want to wear flats I don't actually have that many to choose from. I spent a little while looking around for some I like that aren't just basic ballet flats (again with the issue with thin soles!) These loafers are really comfortable and the soles are quite thick, plus this style is bang on trend this season and I think they'll look super cute with some tailored trousers for work. These were £19.99 from New Look HERE.




My last footwear-related purchase is these amazing lace ups from Topshop. I am incredibly partial to velvet, especially velvet footwear, so when I spotted these in Topshop I fell for them immediately. I love the lace up style this season and think these will look amazing with frilly socks and tights.


They're really comfortable and have quite good grips on the soles which means I should hopefully be able to wear them throughout the winter whatever the weather! I think these were a real bargain from Topshop (not something I often say!) because they were only £28.99 (HERE).


Last but by no means least is this snuggly, gorgeous coat. I know, I know, I really don't need another coat because I already have way more than I wear on a regular basis. But there was just something about this one that I couldn't resist! I picked it up when I was shopping for my boots as a bit of an impulse purchase but I really don't regret it. It's slightly shorter than my other warm coats and very different. It's actually made from a soft jersey material, which makes it more of a cardigan than a proper winter coat but I quite like that about it. I love the belt because it brings me in at the waist and the snuggly collar is the best! I've already worn this out in the cold snaps we've had in the UK this September and it has kept me snuggly, stylish and warm. This is usually £39.99 from New Look but I bought it when it was on offer for £29.99 HERE.

Are you like me - do you always splurge at the beginning of autumn? Where have you been finding bargains?
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment