Saturday 25 January 2014

Meet Marzipan

Hi guys! I am so excited to be writing today's post, which is a little introduction to a new member of my family... if you follow Bee's Knees you'll know that I already have 3 cats - Marcel and O'Malley who are 9 month old kittens (post HERE) and Clementine who is my gorgeous 4 year old rescue kitty (post HERE).


But any crazy cat lady worth her salt knows that 3 is not enough cats! (I jest...) In fact we now have four kitties in our family because we accidentally acquired this gorgeous baby cat a couple of weeks ago - ladies and gents, meet Marzipan.



We definitely never intended to have 4 cats, I mean come on that's 20 legs to run around after without even counting Neil! But sometimes these things happen and honestly, would you be able to resist this beautiful little face?!


Marzipan was 7/8 weeks old when she came home with us - after I found her online where her previous owners had claimed she was 14 weeks old and they needed rid of her due to an allergy. I could tell she was nowhere near that age as soon as I laid eyes on her because she is tiny! She fit into the palm of my hand on her first night. Her previous owners were so unprepared for a kitty they were feeding her adult food, cow's milk (a big no-no as most cats are lactose intolerant) and didn't even have a carry case for us to bring her home in!


I'm happy to say she's now settled into our family and we can't imagine being without her! It was originally our plan to give her a temporary home until we could find new owners for her, but once we realised how young she is we didn't have the heart to be the source of any more instability in her short life. She's since been to the vets and is a pretty healthy kitten, full of energy and a joy to be around. Although I'm sure whenever I mention my four cats to any non-cat people in the future it may be met with rolled eyes, but I honestly can't picture our lives without this little madam in it!
xx


3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, kitten love! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, she is gorgeous and has the prettiest eyes!
    She is lucky that you gave her a good home with plenty of friends to play with :)

    Gems x
    Fashion, Well Done

    ReplyDelete