Friday 10 January 2014

Soap and Glory Puffy Eye Attack

Hi everyone! Today I'm reviewing a product I picked up a little while ago (haul post HERE) - the Soap and Glory Puffy Eye Attack eye gel.


The packaging of this product is part of S&G's recent redesign, and whilst I don't like some of the packaging for other skincare items I actually think with this eye gel S&G have stayed true to their original brand message and style.


The eye gel comes in this teeny little white plastic pot. Although I'm a big big fan of glass jars for skincare and eye creams, this is quite inoffensive as plastic pots go!


I am quite new to the world of eye creams, having only started using one religiously about a year ago, and I haven't really used eye gels before, only eye creams. This was the main reason I picked this up in the first place. I was keen to see whether a gel would be more easily absorbed into my skin and feel more hydrating. 


I really like the consistency of this product - as you can see it's a white gel that then turns almost into a liquid when you apply it to your skin. It's much easier to dab this light gel onto my eye area without being rough in comparison to a heavier traditional cream. It feels like it absorbs into my skin almost instantly which is great when I'm in a rush on a morning and don't have time to wait for things to sink in before applying make up. 


Most of all, this feels refreshing and hydrating on my skin. It hasn't magically removed my under eye circles but it does give the appearance of less wrinkles around my eyes, and on days when I've had little sleep it does reduce puffiness more than other eye creams I've used.

Overall I do really like this eye gel and it's definitely made me want to try other gels to see whether different brands are as good as this one. Price-wise, it's usually £12.50 which is expensive for the small size of the product but in the context of other eye creams is actually pretty cheap. It's usually on offer at Boots with other S&G products so I'd recommend trying to get it cheaper if you can. You can get this from your local Boots or online HERE.

Have you tried the Puffy Eye Attack before? Which is your favourite eye cream?
xx


7 comments:

  1. I wasn't a massive fan of this eye cream, but have heard so many good things about it! Great review :)

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how this sounds, sometimes a cream is too heavy. A gel sounds better for me :)

    Danniella x | www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it harder to apply a cream gently so a gel is perfect to pat on to the delicate eye area xx

      Delete
  3. Those creams can help a lot.
    http://jtrader.hubpages.com/hub/Queen-Bee-Under-Eye-Cream-Natural-Organic-Circle-Cream-for-Dark-Eyes

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I apply it, it has a sort of burning feeling. Is that suppose to happen? Or is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It burns me as well. Don't know if i should stop using it or not..

      Delete