Thursday 2 January 2014

The Body Shop Camomile Sumptious Cleansing Butter

Hi guys! Today I am reviewing this delightful Camomile Sumptious Cleansing Butter from The Body Shop. I have long been a fan of The Body Shop but sometimes I think their products aren't very up to date with trends and innovations in the beauty world. Well this product proves me thoroughly wrong...


Beauty balms have been around for a while, and many have been particularly popular with beauty bloggers. An obvious example is the Emma Hardie Amazing Face cleansing balm - a product that has been on my wishlist for a really long time! Unfortunately a lot of the most popular balms carry a hefty price tag which makes them out of reach for a lot of girls, including me! When I heard The Body Shop were bringing out a more purse-friendly alternative I couldn't wait to give it a go (nb: this product is called a 'butter' but is exactly the same as a cleansing balm which is why I'm calling it a balm!)


The Body Shop Camomile Sumptious Cleansing Butter is £12 for 90ml (HERE) but as you probably know, The Body Shop constantly has offers on and you rarely have to pay full price for anything. In fact I bought this with 30% off which made it a really affordable skincare option.


The packaging is really unique and pretty - I like the twist-open metal tin and it looks very pretty alongside my other essentials in the bathroom. As you can see from the photo above, the product itself is a very thick, opaque balm that you have to scoop out with your fingers. If you're using this for the first time, please don't scoop out a load of product like I did - you really don't need that much and you don't want to waste it!


Once applied onto your face with your fingers the balm begins to melt and sink into the skin - this is the best bit! I've never been to a spa or had a facial but I imagine this is what it would feel like - sumptious and exquisite on the skin. I like to apply this to my face before brushing my teeth, so the balm has a couple of minutes to sink in and work its magic. I then use a cotton flannel soaked in hot water to dab the product off my face, leaving my skin feeling fresh, clean and soft. You can really appreciate the camomile in this balm because it's so soothing and gentle - exactly what my poor dry skin needs at this time of year!

I have enjoyed using this product so far and it hasn't caused any adverse reactions in my skin. I think it's a nice option for girls with dry skin or perhaps more sensitive skin - compared to some more clarifying cleansers I have used this is a much gentler option. For the price it's a great option to try if you're new to cleansing balms like me, or even if you're just looking for a new brand to try.

Have you used cleansing balms before? What do you think?
xx


2 comments:

  1. I have this in my stash to use and I can't wait. I'm currently using the camomile oil from the same range and that's really nice too :)

    Danniella x | www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been tempted to try that - thanks for the recommendation! xx

      Delete